East London, London
£45000 - £60000 per annum
10 months ago
Hours: Ward Manager
40 hours per week
Location: East London
Reports to: Clinical Services Manager
Prof Accountable To: Hospital Manager
This new post focuses on clinical management and leadership to develop and deliver outcome based high quality service for women with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder. The post holder would be responsible for ensuring service users have a positive experience through the different treatment pathways from the point of referral through to discharge. The post holder would be a core member of the MDT in a leadership capacity to ensure clinical resources are used effectively and there is meaningful participation in treatment. The post holder will also work with other service managers across the hospital as required to provide advice and support in relation to the care needs of service users with Emotionally Unstable personality disorder on other wards.
The post holder will ensure appropriate pragmatic risk management support procedures are developed and routinely applied from assessment, admission and treatment phases.
Responsible for managing clinical performance and manage operations within the service, in accordance with Company policies and procedures. To manage administrative and operational resources in a cost-effective manner, evaluating & ensuring the standard of service delivered is commensurate with the company's vision and regulatory standards.
To co-ordinate multidisciplinary working, maintaining excellent communication and working relationships with all team members, and other services within the hospital, to ensure effective interface and continuity of care between disciplines and services.
Service users and carers -Daily
Nursing team- Daily
Other professional colleagues - Daily
Bleep holder - Daily
Clinical Services Manager - As required
Other wards/departments - As required
Referring agencies -As required
Police, probation, forensic services - As required
Support services - As required
Hospital Manager - As required
Key Results Area:
* Provision of visible clinical leadership with a focus on patient-centred care ensuring partnership with service users in their care and treatment.
* Contribute to the planning & delivery of sustained productive, measurable, high quality care within the service.
* Development and implementation of pragmatic visible risk management structures for the service
* Development and implementation of a Service Operational policy.
* Development and implementation of a performance management structure for nursing staff with clearly defined measurable objectives to underpin service improvements
* Evidence that the security & safety of the service is established and maintained.
* Management of information and communication to ensure effective flow of information and communication across the MDT
* Effective management of financial and personnel resources
* Achievement of identified performance measures for the service
* Cover the senior nurse bleep on a rota basis
Resource Management: Management of Financial and Personnel Resources ensuring the ward finances are managed within allocated PPD. Staff attendance, bank and agency cost are managed within budget and Company guidelines.
Communicate to all staff how they can contribute to the efficient management of financial and material resources and ensure individual staff objectives/appraisal supports this.
Identify and deal with cost pressures which may have an impact on the financial expenditure of the ward. The post-holder will be expected to notify any such situations to the clinical service manager and take proactive steps to address concerns at a local level. Utilise existing technology to support and improve efficiency