North West England, England
£31000 - £280000 per annum
2 months ago
Training Officer - Electrical/Mechatronics
Salary: £28,000 - £31,000 per annum
Working hours: Full-Time - 37.5 Hours per week.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: You will be based at our Blackburn site with travel to employer sites with scope for some remote working thereafter.
About the role:
We have an exciting opening for a Training Officer - Electrical/Mechatronics to join an established team of professionals within the Engineering department. We are looking for a committed, passionate and dedicated individual to join the team to support the growth of the programme and continue the successes.
The main purpose of the role is to provide training and assessment of engineering learners in the workplace and training environment.
The key duties of the role will include:
- To provide training and assessment of engineering candidates in the workplace and training environment
- To provide support for the quality assurance and compliance of engineering programmes
- To maintain a safe working environment at all times
- To liaise with employers, including visiting the workplace as directed
- To assist in the maintenance of learner recording systems including tracking documents, e-portfolios and LMS
- To adhere to our timetable schedule of assessment and reviews ensuring that any necessary adjustments are authorised by the Manager of Education and Skills - Engineering
- To assist with our marketing and publicity as and where required and attend marketing and enrolment events, either in person or on-line.
- To provide comprehensive guidance, advice and support to Employers, customers and learners on their training needs, requirements covering all of the training portfolio.
- To generate additional revenues in line with the Company's business plan by recruiting quality learners through effective initial assessment and further development of existing client relationships in order to gain new customers both internally and externally to the organisation.
- To carry out and effectively manage the quality assurance process in compliance with the Company's policies and procedures adhering to the requirements of external stakeholders which includes awarding bodies and funding organisations.
- To demonstrate knowledge and compliance with regards to GDPR and all associated Data Protection legislation. This includes having due regard for any personal data that you may come into contact with in your role which includes learners/ customers/ staff, especially when using portable or personal devices (laptops and mobile phones) or when working remotely, in order to keep data secure and confidential.
- To keep up to date with all GDPR and data protection policies and legislation and understand and report any data security breaches promptly to the appropriate persons
- To ensure that all relevant Health and Safety legislative requirements are in place, monitored and regularly reviewed to include up to date risk assessments/COSHH records
- Relevant Industrial experience
- Level 3 qualification in Engineering
- Hold a relevant assessor qualification or willing to work towards (TAQA)
- Health & Safety in Engineering
- Pro-active self-starter
- Willingness to learn and committed to own development
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) as well as good listening skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Full UK driving licence
- Delivery of training and assessing in a multi skilled range of Engineering subjects
- Understanding of the various assessment criteria and procedures
- Minimum of IOSH - Working Safely
- Prior educational experience
Why work with us?
We genuinely care about our employees and offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
- 27 days holiday (increasing to 32 days in accordance with service) plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days holiday per year
- Contributory pension scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Life insurance based on 4 x annual salary
- Health Cash Plan (after qualifying period)
- Annual CPD days and opportunities for career development and progression
- Family friendly policies
- Modern facilities
- Remote working
- Free parking (on and off-site)
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme