North West England, England
£30000 - £33000 per annum + Performance Bonus, Broadband
3 months ago
Primary Job Purpose
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the post holder will play a pivotal role in the direct delivery of qualifications to our customers. This role will work closely with our other Trainers, to ensure my clients standard is maintained and improved. You will support in the design, development, and implementation of delivery programmes.
The role will involve a high level of autonomy and require high levels of motivation and drive; as well as outstanding communication, relationship building and project management skills.
- To train level 3 learners to achieve advanced apprenticeships through implementation of assessment plans, continuous feedback and support portfolio building throughout the apprenticeship
- Adhere to regular learner contact every 4 weeks completing a full robust review of learner progress quarterly
- To deliver the apprenticeship programmes to the agreed standard and always maintain high quality standards
- Mentor learners with delivery plans, set timely and realistic deadlines and monitor progress whilst offering good quality feedback allowing our learners to reach their full potential at the End Point Assessment stage
- To manage the effective use of revision applications and methods to enable the learners to succeed
- To attend standardisation meetings as required by quality assurance or centre coordinator and keep him/her informed of learner's progress
- To maintain accurate data management records and documentation, ensuring delivery and paperwork is always compliant
- To maintain and update own knowledge, skills and occupational competence as required by the awarding body
- Support and develop Trainers and Junior Trainers.
- Motivate and support learners to achieve in line with agreed targets and deadlines.
- Support and enable the learning process.
- Deliver group learning sessions (as and when required)
- Monitor health and safety practices within the workplace environment.
- Monitor equal opportunities within the workplace environment.
- Manage own time effectively to complete workload and ensure deadlines are met.
- Plan, schedule and evaluate own work.
- Create, maintain, and promote good working relationships
- Provide Head of Department with accurate forecasts as required.
- Support colleagues in their personal development.
- Responsible for own CPD.
- Any other reasonable duties that are required by your line manager.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- This person must be able to work as part of a team and display appropriate leadership skills,
- Experience managing apprenticeship programs including development and evaluation,
- Knowledge of the training cycle: design, delivery, and evaluation,
- Excellent planning and project management capabilities,
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and relationship management skills,
- At least 2 years' current experience working in relevant sectors is essential,
- Working experience and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams,
- A1 Award or equivalent Assessor Award or be willing to work towards,
- Teaching / training qualification or be willing to work toward.