Up to £3000.00 per annum
8 months ago
Senior Staff Nurse - Wards
Starting Salary: £30,000 - £34,000
Hours: 37.5 Hours
This is a great opportunity for an experienced nurse to join The Hospital as a Senior Staff Nurse. The Hospital is one of largest independent hospitals and we are looking for a Senior Staff Nurse to work on our Surgical Wards. The role is full time role on shift rotation and is for 37.5 hours per week.
You will support the Ward Sister in the delivery of excellent patient care and service. Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and visitor needs.
Dedicating your working life to caring for others takes commitment and selflessness. The best way we believe we can make you feel your worth, is by giving you time to care. It's the reason you do the job you do, and we want you to focus on it.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Promoting and initiating innovation and new ideas in methods of care delivery and effective use of resources, direct resource planning, ensuring maximum utilisation of skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrating good clinical practise at all times.
- Working within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff as required.
- Maintaining accurate records of patient care.
- Lead or be link nurse for specific champion for specialist subject i.e. Infection control, Pain, VTE.
- Working to develop a strong, effective team by developing the vision and strategy of "health care at its best"
- Be a strong and empathetic Registered Nurse (RN) ( RGN ).
- Have a minimum of 2 years demonstrable experience working as a Staff Nurse (RN) on a surgical ward.
- Be absolutely patient focussed, with a desire and proven ability to deliver healthcare at its best.
- Have knowledge of clinical governance and its application along with evidence of continuous professional development.
- Be an expert in building relationships with the ability to easily engage with consultants, colleagues and patients.
- Competitive Starting Salary of £30,000
- Attractive Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- 33 Days annual leave plus extra time off for your birthday
- Life Assurance
- Annual Flu Vaccination
- Free Eye Test
- Subsidised Staff Car Park
- Subsidised Staff Nurse Bistro
- 40% discount off of some of the hosptials Services
- Relocation packages available