Up to £40000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Role - Scrub Nurse.
Reporting to - Lead Theatre Practitioner.
Location - Shrewsbury.
Salary -£35,000 - £40,000 per year.
Job type - Full time and/or Part time - 08.00-18.00 Monday to Saturday, some nights required.
WHO ARE WE?
This hospital is one of the leading providers of NHS-funded ophthalmology services in England.
- Our Purpose is to make a positive difference to people's lives
- Our Vision is to change lives through better sight and eye health?
- Our Promise is to use our expertise and compassion to help people feel special, reassured and cared for
We provide services for NHS CCGs, NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts, and other providers of NHS funded services. We deliver over 125,000 patient interactions annually, including outpatient appointments, diagnostic testing and eye surgery. Our services are delivered through a variety of models including Managed Services and Ophthalmology Joint Venture (OJV) Partnerships.
To provide a competent Nurse provision in the services Theatre.
Clinical Duties and Responsibilities for Clinics
- Up to date proficient Scrub skills for high volume cataract surgery.
- Full understanding of Phaco Machines/Instrumentation and set up
- Full knowledge of the eye and understanding of Biometry/Lens bank/Implants
- Working as part of a theatre team
- Ability to support the surgeon anticipating any potential problems in theatre and resolve them
- To keep accurate patient health records, updating electronic patient records or completing handwritten clinical notes.
- To work within the requirements of the code of practice and standard of the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- To be responsible for and demonstrate commitment to Continuing Professional Development and Clinical Governance.
- To participate in training and development of clinical and other groups of staff.
- To participate in clinical audit and research projects, as required.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION
- Nursing degree or equivalent qualification essential.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Theatre training /substantive experience required.
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council essential.
- 3 years or more hospital eye service experience expected.
- Knowledge of clinical practice and demonstrable knowledge of developments in Optometry required.
- Experience of and commitment to medical audit.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office products and using computerised systems for data input/output and review.
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Enjoys the routine and rhythm of a process driven environment.
- Ability to work in different theatre environments adapting to different surgeons
- Able to balance working independently with appropriate escalation and delegation.
- Committed to deliver consistently high standards of care to patients.
- Seeks continuous professional development.
- Self-motivated to provide an excellent level of communication and individual care for patients.
- Comfortable making a significant contribution, including teaching and training, in a small multi-disciplinary team.