Up to £40000 per annum
8 months ago
Remote HGV Technical Trainer
The key responsibility of the position is to carry out training delivery and assessment at the Academy in line with the requirements of the curriculum. The post holder will be responsible for providing consistent delivery, across various technician training levels and disciplines (theoretical and practical). The objective is to provide delegates with an appropriate environment with which to be trained and assessed. Whilst maintaining a consistently high standard of delivery, with support and guidance from Colleagues and Quality Specialists.
This role is remote, home-based working, delivering classes virtually with only 3 or 4 site visits a month.
What's on offer?
- Salary up to £40,000
- £4.5k car allowance
- Expensed travel and accommodation for site visits
- Good holiday plus bank holidays
- Fully funded teaching qualifications
What do you need?
- Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle
- Industry experience
- A passion for education
- Teaching qualification, PTLLS, Cert Ed or similar (desirable- training provided for right candidate)
- Conduct training and assessments of delegates across various levels and disciplines, providing support, constructive and objective feedback when required, in-line with Academy and Awarding Organisation guidelines.
- Treat all customers in a fair and reasonable manner, ensuring any issues are identified and reported as appropriate.
- Be responsible for the correct administration of all training documentation completed as part of Academy training and skills assessments, meeting the standards expected by the Awarding Organisations.
- Undergo observations, support standardisation meetings and continuous improvement plans.
- Support Colleagues to ensure the training schedule is delivered in the most efficient manner.
- Support the Development Manager in the development and review of new courses and assessments (as required), helping to drive quality and standardisation across all disciplines.
- Support the Curriculum manager's role/duties relating to ISO quality standards and the Academy Quality System.
- Attend Academy meetings as required.
- Liaise with Colleagues, Quality Specialists and the Development Manager to ensure all documentation is kept up to date and in-line with the training and assessment requirements.
- Liaise with the training support team to ensure all training vehicles, rigs, tools and equipment are maintained and in good working order.
- Keep up to date with the latest products and technologies as appropriate.
- Provide Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) to learners.