Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £36419.00 per annum
29 days ago
Role: Registered Operations Manager (Children & Young People's Service - CYP)
Permanent: 37 hours per week
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To lead and develop the strategic priorities and plans for all operational functions, ensuring excellent customer service, developing, and delivering a comprehensive range of services to meet citizen's needs and aspirations.
- To embrace and follow all CQC outcomes sand lead the service towards an Outstanding CQC rating, through the delivery of excellent care and efficient running of services, assuming responsibility as the Registered Manager of the service.
- To provide support to management colleagues and ensure all services are effective, responsive, deliver value for money and are compliant with best practice, regulatory and statutory requirements. This would include:
- Ensuring CQC compliance across the CYP services
- Ensuring OFSTED compliance across the CYP service
- Ensuring Health and Safety compliance across the CYP service
- Working with safeguarding team members to embed safe practices in front line service delivery.
- To identify the need to recruit new staff members, creating a proactive recruitment plan and to always ensure appropriate levels of staff and to oversee and be involved with the recruitment and selection of staff within the service.
- To actively participate in and arrange the induction, training, and development of staff.
- To oversee and ensure effective and robust contract management and compliance with all operational contracts, ensuring quality assurance.
- To provide leadership, direction, support, supervision, and appraisal of staff for whom there is line management responsibility to provide an effective service to children and young people with learning disabilities, autism, and related conditions; with physical disabilities and sensory disabilities; and with mental illness or mental health problems.
- To support ongoing organisational change and help embed a performance related and citizen focussed culture across the team, ensuring dynamic services and the highest standards of customer care and citizen support.
- To adopt a collaborative and supportive approach, maintaining up to date professional knowledge and providing advice and assistance to teams as required.
- To contribute to the development of strategic and financial plans and keep business plans and other key strategies under review ensuring risk is managed and mitigated against.
- Support the achieving of, and accountability for, performance targets, communicating relevant business and performance data to the Head of Service and Leadership team as appropriate.
- To promote effective communication, excellence in customer service, and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Be pro-active in the development of key partnerships, working with stakeholders to ensure the effective co-ordination and delivery of services with other organisations, agencies, and partners.