Up to £40000.00 per annum
10 months ago
- Registered Nurse (RMN/RNLD)
- Up to £40,000 per year based on 36 hours per week.
- Shift times: 07.45-20.15 or 19.45-08.15 - Need to be flexible to cover days and nights.
- Free parking at the service
The hospital is an inpatient eating disorders and PAWS treatment centre and school, currently on schedule to open around November 2021 subject to building completion and CQC registration. The hospital has two wards - ground floor Derwent ward for 7 young people aged 8 to 18 and upper floor, Trent Ward, for 10 young adults aged 18 to 25. We will also provide school education to GCSE and A-Level for young people to age 18 and in some cases, separately funded additional educational enrichment or support.
You will use your expert nursing skills to care for children and young people with eating disorders, based at the hospital. Day and Night shifts are available. You will be RMN, RNLD or Paediatric qualified and NMC registered and will have qualities including dedication, focus, compassion, and a commitment to delivering high quality care. Decision making, communication, electronic patient record skills are essential. Your warmth towards your patients will support them to feel positive about their lives. Work as part of our expert Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- Applicants must have current UK professional nurse registration
- Desirable - a related first degree, ENB 998 / ENB 603
- 6 months post qualifying work with young people
- Desirable - inpatient CAMHS eating disorder experience
- Computer skills in Electronic Patient Records
- Motivation, enthusiasm, flexibility and self awareness
- Satisfactory health clearance
- Clear DBS check
- Knowledge of mental health difficulties in young people
- Knowledge of therapeutic relationship principles and the CP
Nurses play a key role and a huge role in supporting vulnerable young people. You are with them during care interventions they need the most, yet find most challenging. You get to know them very well. Your professional relationship with the young people will be close, but boundaried, supportive, but firm with the eating disorder. You need to be psychologically strong, and empathic. You will encounter difficult interactions. You will have the full support of your manager, team and regular supportive supervision, as well as access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
- £30k to £40k p.a. dependent on experience.
- We will cover the cost of an enhanced disclosure (DBS)
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training
- Sick Pay (after one years' service)
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Workplace pension
- Personal holiday and education fund
- Employee Assistance Programme