Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £18.50 per hour
about 1 month ago
Hours: Nights, Days and Weekends.
Full Time & Part Time
Purpose of the role:
To provide and supervise the delivery of high quality nursing care to residents in accordance with up to date, evidence-based professional practice.
- Ensure that new residents are orientated into their surroundings and introduce to residents and staff; and that appropriate documentation is completed on time.
- Assess the resident's physical, psychological, and social needs and formulate a care profile taking into consideration the lifestyle, gender and background of the resident and involve the resident, family and multi-disciplinary team.
- Plan, implement and evaluate nursing care in accordance with the resident's needs
- Continuously evaluate care needs with other members of the team and ensure that care plans and records are of a high quality, up to date and accurate.
- Help residents to understand the aging process and how it affects their health and lifestyle. Visit each resident daily to assess their needs and assist residents to maximize their comfort, dignity and independence and create the right environment which supports their physical and mental well-being.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary shift team, supervising staff in all respects including orientation of new staff, training and development of care staff. In addition, organizing and coordinating their duties, guiding, supporting, monitoring and evaluating staff performance.
- Ensure that documentation relating to the delivery of care is completed accurately, legibly and in accordance with Rehability's standards. Participate in formal audit process at the request of the Home Manager.
- Comply with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Code of Conduct at all times and ensures processes are adhered to for the safe ordering, custody, storing, disposing and administration of all medication.
- Accept responsibility for the safety of medication in storage and on the trolley during dispensing rounds.
- Manage stocks of all supplies effectively and economically and ensure the timely order of replenishment stocks.
- Proactively develop professional and clinical skills in order to enhance the knowledge and skills needed for safe and effective practice.
- Contribute to the development of new ideas in nursing and social care in respect of stimulation for residents to improve their quality of life.
- Assist with the investigation of any complaints.
- Ensure that registration with the NMC is current and does not lapse.
- Keep the Home Manager informed of any relevant issues.
- Maintain detailed and up to date knowledge to the Mental Health Act.