South West England, England
£35000 - £38800 per annum + 35 Days Holiday, Pension
11 days ago
Regional Support Manager
The primary role of the Regional Support Manager is to support all members of the Operational team by providing coaching and guidance in addition to undertaking tasks in line with the current business needs. This will include tasks relating to office management systems, policy and procedures and relevant Local Authority/CCG/NHS and other customers contractual requirements.
As Regional Support Manager you will support the Operations Managers to ensure services are being delivered in line with my clients' purpose of delivering great care whilst ensuring commercial success. This will include working within community and residential settings and will include management of sites and teams and where required regulations registration.
You will report directly to the Managing Director and be prepared to support or manage any service within the portfolio which will require a flexible working approach working across a 7-day period, varying shift times and will include overnight stays.
You will be Self-motivated, organised, flexible, efficient and enjoy teaching and coaching. You must be an excellent communicator, a great role model and solution focused as these are key attributes for this pivotal role which enables the smooth running of the Community and Residential models of service.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Extensive Knowledge, experience, understanding and practical ability to care for and support individuals including:
- Maintaining and developing specialist knowledge relative to learning disabilities and to our specialisms including Autism, Prader Willi etc
- Assessing, planning, recording and implementing, appropriate care plans, risk assessments and other strategies to provide the appropriate care and support for the individuals we look after.
- Identifying when appropriate care and support is not being provided and what action to take including writing of a bespoke improvement plan and reporting internally and externally as required.
- When managing a service in the absence of a Registered Manager, the regional support manager is directly responsible and accountable for compliance with the requirements of the regulatory body and all other duties covered in the Registered Managers job description. This may also include registering with the regulatory body as the registered manager.
- When working with a Registered Manager, support them to achieve compliance and adapt your practice to meet the individual needs of the manager and/or service you are supporting.
- Create and present effective action plans and manage projects to ensure that targets, aims and objectives are suitable and achievable.
- Effectively manage and support Registered Managers to ensure all action plan objectives are met within agreed timescales which includes completing actions on behalf of the registered manager as well as supporting and coaching on how to complete them.
- Manage and effectively lead any relevant staff team you are responsible for by creating and maintaining a workforce who embrace our workplace values, including thorough induction, probation, regular supervision, appraisal, competence checks and where required, performance manage staff
- Act as a lead during regulatory and Local Authority Inspections and to develop positive relationships with other regulatory bodies as required
- Undertake activities that monitor and review services regularly to ensure that the services being provided are effective. This may include carrying out varying business audits, unannounced visits within a 24 hour period and positive measurable visit which result in you carrying out the action planning process.
- Develop the quality and compliance in the service(s) you are supporting by ensuring regulations, company policies and contractual requirements are understood and adhered to.
- Work and communicate effectively with individuals, families, advocates and other professional colleagues as required.
- Deal quickly and effectively with enquiries and complaints/concerns so that external and internal customers are satisfied that their concerns or enquiries have been satisfactorily resolved.
- Carrying out investigations and chair meetings as required to ensure an appropriate resolution whilst working in partnership with Human Resources.
- Awareness of the importance of operating a Service in line with its financial budget and the impact and considerations around this.
As a term of your employment, you may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to your post, and/or hours of work, as may reasonably be required of you, at your initial place of work or at any other of the company's locations.
This is a description of the job as it is at present. The company may from time to time review and update employees' job descriptions to ensure that they continue to relate to the job or to proposed changes to the job. The company aims to reach agreement on reasonable changes, but if this is not possible, the company reserves the right to insist on changes to your job description after consultation with you.