North London, London
£45000 - £46000 per annum + Yes
over 1 year ago
Our client a leading private Hospital group are looking for a Quality and Governance Lead to work in North London. This role is a permanent part time 22.5 hours per week. £45,000 pro rata.
They are proud to be 'Individually different. Altogether better' and it is only through their people that we will achieve their mission to:
"Provide first-class independent healthcare for the local community in a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat their own families"
They do this by asking you to work within their core values:
* Beyond Compliance - Going above and beyond to improve our business
* Personalised Attention - Taking time to care for others
* Partnership and Teamwork - Inclusive and collaborative
* Investing in Excellence - Working to be the best
* Always with Integrity - Respected, admired and reliable
. JOB PURPOSE:
To provide leadership and support to ensure the implementation and delivery of their Healthcare, Quality, Risk and Clinical Governance strategies. To monitor achievements against the standards by undertaking clinical audit, identifying risks and improvements to quality of care and services delivered. To recommend and support change for continuous improvement. To support with the investigation of Serious Incidents by undertaking Root Cause Analysis in conjunction with the hospital group Head Office Governance team. To support in the investigation and sharing lessons learned from incidents and complaints. To implement and develop local and corporate policies and SOP's.
* Liaison with the Director of Nursing and Clinical Services to agree priorities and strategy and to assist in delivery of the Governance and Quality Improvement agenda.
* Liaison with the relevant leads for IPC, Resus, Blood Transfusion, Medicines Management, Imaging safety.
* Accountable to the Hospital Director.
* Day to day contact with the Senior Management teams, patients, staff and consultants.
* Co-ordinate and support with the further develop the Hospital clinical governance activities, policies and systems.
* Process clinical governance data using appropriate audit methodology and the software programmes available, eg. Datix.
* Interpret and make recommendations on the data and support the clinical staff in the implementation of these recommendations.
* Produce annual, quarterly and monthly or ad hoc reports for both internal and external clinical governance committee, health and safety committee and Medical Advisory committee on which actions plans to address issues or ongoing quality improvements can be based.
* Produce minutes for governance related committees as required.
* Support the Hospital management team to raise awareness of the benefits of effective clinical governance and promote understanding in a supporting way.
* Liaise with the Chairpersons of the Quality Governance Committee, Medical Advisory
Committee, the hospital groups Governance team and other consultants and staff in the investigation of adverse clinical incidents and make recommendations to ensure that action is taken to prevent recurrence and to monitor and report on these actions.
* Undertake Clinical audit and disseminate findings and support action plans.
* Support the Director of Nursing and Hospital Director in the timely and effective management and resolution of both verbal and written clinical complaints according to the groups Healthcare Policy.
* Carry out an ongoing review of patient feedback both via complaints and the patient satisfaction survey. Report these findings into the relevant committees.
* Assist with the implementation of the groups Healthcare Quality Improvement Strategies.
* Support the Director of Nursing with the compilation of all annual reports as required by he hospital group.
* Co-ordinate the setting up and activities of targeted multi-disciplinary quality improvement groups as appropriate.
* Prepare for Provider/ Beyond Compliance visits or External inspections and assist in the delivery of actions plans following the visits.
* Deliver presentation and training sessions as appropriate.
* Maintain appropriate links with head office and other external organisations to ensure the hospital maintains a leading position on quality and risk issues.
* Share reports and learning with staff.
* Attend all relevant meetings HODs and all relevant Governance Meetings.