North London, London
£35000 - £42000 per annum + Yes
about 1 month ago
Work with the Pharmacy Manager and all other pharmacists in providing, monitoring and developing an efficient and comprehensive clinical pharmacy service for patients, staff and other business partners of the Hospital.
- Undertake clinical check of prescriptions (as well as final check in the absence of 'checker' technician) and supervise staff in the Dispensary in co-operation with the Pharmacy Manager responsible for operational management of the areas.
- To act as the Responsible Pharmacist in the main department as rostered.
- Provide ward based prescription monitoring medicines reconciliation and patient counselling service to the assigned wards.
- Answer medicines information queries, yet recognise own limitations and seek assistance from senior pharmacists when needed.
- Provide out of hours pharmacy service as part of an on-call rota.
- To manage staff, materials and equipment from time to time allocated depending upon rotational area of work
- To contact medicines manufacturers to elicit information as well as provide feedback.
To provide a pharmacy service to wards and departments of the hospital as well as other business partners serviced by the Pharmacy department so as to ensure safe and cost-effective use of medicines, in accordance with departmental procedures.
To provide pharmacy service to allocated wards in accordance with professional, departmental and
Hospital policies. This may include:
- Taking drug histories on admission.
- Review of medication to ensure safe and effective use.
- Carrying out individual pharmaceutical care plans.
- Review and update of care plans depending on response, results of investigations and adverse effect.
- Therapeutic drug monitoring for specific drugs and advising dose adjustments based on assessment of blood levels of the drug.
- Education and counselling of patients about their medicines.
- Facilitating implementation of local & national guidelines as appropriate.
- As an independent practitioner and advocate for the patient, challenge prescribers including specialist prescribers if prescription is considered in own judgement to be inappropriate for the patient.
- Communication of medicine-related information to patients & relatives.
- Advising, demonstrating & monitoring correct methods for preparation and administration of medications including intravenous injections.
To provide professional and legal clinical supervision in the dispensary, so as to ensure compliance with statutory and ethical standards.
To be the Responsible Pharmacist in either dispensary, as rostered.
To check outpatients prescriptions and counsel individual patients about their medication, as appropriate to their needs.
To be involved in counter-prescribing and selling OTC products in the outpatients Pharmacy.
To provide Medicines Information to medical and nursing staff and patients within the hospital to enable appropriate use drugs.
To assist in the distribution of medicines to patients, wards and departments and to assist in maintaining systems for the control and storage of drugs in accordance with current legislation.
To participate in continuing professional development (CPD), as per department policy and national guidelines from the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, and to participate in individual performance review through the use of personal development plans so as to enable continuous quality improvements and compliance with Trust and professional requirements.
To co-operate with requirements of the local Tutors and Coordinators, providing training.
To record regular clinical interventions and activities in line with departmental policy so that areas of weakness may be identified and corrected.
To participate in clinical audit & practice research as instructed by senior pharmacists within the department so that evidence-based developments may be implemented to improve the service.
To participate in the pharmacists rotational duties so as to share workload and maintain skills and knowledge in service provision.
To participate in the extended hours service as considered appropriate by the Pharmacy Manager.
Please apply at your earliest convenience to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity.