North London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Yes
over 1 year ago
- 1. To manage a caseload of clients with complex needs, using evidence based /client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate intervention
- 2. To participate in the planning, development and evaluation of OT services. To prepare reports, conduct assessments, perform risk assessments, conduct planned and structured therapeutic activity (both individual and group) for the patient population and in collaboration with the MDT membe To engage with families as part of the treatment programme.
- 3. To prepare group and individualised therapy/activity timetables and provide monthly analysis on engagemen To direct the activity staff and apply resources cost effectively and appropriately.
- 4. To participate in staff training and reflective practice with the nursing and clinical team to support the learning culture of the Hospital and promote best pra
- 5. To work independently on a day-to-day b This work will be supervised and reviewed at regular intervals by the Clinical Director.
- 6. To ensure that all patients are safeguarded from potential harm and to conduct activities in a manner which is consistent with professional practice, policy and legislation
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 1. To apply a high level of understanding of the effects of disability on occupational performance and
provide training and advice on lifestyle changes and adaptations to the client's social and physical environment.
- 2. To promote equality of outcome for service users that reflect their mental health needs and those of ethnicity, gender, culture physical health and age.
- 3. To promote social inclusion and physical and mental well-being using evidence-based practice. This is underpinned by the principles of hope and recovery, health promotion and relapse prevention.
- 4. To independently manage a clinical caseload of service user with complex mental health need
- 5. To identify occupational therapy goals as part of the overall care plan, using specialist mental health and occupational therapy assessments, including MOHO too
- 6. To exercise clinical professional judgement in complex clinical cases and difficult clinical situation, referring to senior staff when necessary.
- 7. To consider both physical and mental health needs as part of the occupational therapy assessmen
- 8. To plan and implement specialist individual and/or group interventions collaboratively, to enable service users to achieve valued goals and satisfactory occupational performance outcome.
- 9. To identify any significant risk factors in line with local policies, with support from senior staff
- 10. To contribute to and work within clinical pathways and protocol
- 11. To evaluate effectiveness of therapy interventions and quality of clinical decisions in conjunction with service users/carers, other professionals e
- 1. To establish and maintain effective communication networks with users and carers, team members,
occupational therapy colleagues and other agencies.
- 2. To communicate with people in a manner consistent with their culture, background and preferred ways of communicating.
- 3. To work as a member of the inter-professional team, attending meetings and contributing to decisions about the care and treatment of service u
- 4. To work in partnership with other relevant agencies to promote a seamless service.
- 5. To educate service users and carers on occupational therapy interventions, for example, the use of equipmen
- 6. To promote awareness of the role of occupational therapy within the team, negotiating priorities where appropriate.
- 1. To ensure that up to date written and electronic records and activity data are maintained in accordance with Professional and Hospital standards, consistent with confidentiality, professional practice and in accordance with any legal requirements currently in force
- 2. To provide specialist occupational therapy reports on a regular basis in line with professional guidance and relevant clinical pathway
- 3. To ensure service users have access to care plans in line with local policie
- 1. To comply with the COT Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct and national and Trust procedure
- 2. To demonstrate continuing fitness to practice through maintaining registration with HPC and compliance with their standard
- 3. To respect the values, individuality, cultural and religious diversity of service users and contribute to the provision of a service sensitive to these need
- 1. To participate in the planning and delivery of service developments in your area, leading on designated
projects, with senior support.
- 2. To contribute to relevant professional and service development meeting
- 3. To actively encourage user involvement in service developmen
- 4. To contribute to the clinical governance and quality agenda including the setting and monitoring of practice standard
- 5. To demonstrate understanding of national guidelines and legislation relating to health and social care and apply in clinical practice.
- 6. To promote and apply best evidence to service delivery.
- 7. To undertake audit projects relevant to occupational therapy and/or service area, disseminating findings at local leve
- 8. To broaden research and development skills through participation in local audit and research proje
Training & Organisation
- 1. To undertake learning activities in line with personal development plan.
- 2. To apply acquired specialist skills and knowledge in clinical practice to establish professional competence and fitness to practice at senior lev
- 3. To produce evidence of the application of knowledge and skills as required by professional body.
- 4. To maintain a professional portfolio for CPD recording and reflecting on learning outcom
- 5. To exercise good personal time management, punctuality and consistent reliable attendan
- 6. To be responsible for maintaining stock and advising on resources to carry out the job, including the management of petty cash.
- 7. To coordinate the day to day activities of junior staff where applicable.
- 8. To participate in general administrative and co-ordination tasks as required for the smooth running of the servic