£18 - £20 per hour
12 months ago
Registered Nurse Nights
- 24-48 Hrs per week (Part-Time and Full-Time option)
- £20 per hour
- Service that covers Learning disabilities, cerebral palsy, motor neurone disease and Parkinson's Disease
Facilities and services
- Day care
- Own GP if required
- Own furniture if required
- Near public transport
- Minibus or other transport
- Wheelchair access
- Ground floor accommodation only
- Well-maintained garden for residents
- Residents' kitchenette
- Phone point in own room/mobile
- Television point in own room
- Residents' internet access
- To be accountable for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating person centred plans for customers, consulting with and involving the customer, as well as relevant others (e.g. family, support staff, health and social care professionals) where appropriate.
- To be responsible for managing a team of support staff including daily and formal supervision, as required.
- To provide and maintain a high quality, efficient service delivery which promotes customer independence by leading through example.
- To monitor teamwork areas and work practices to ensure safety and relevant legislation, policies, standards and guidance are followed and met.
- To contribute to the ongoing assessment of customers, including assessment of new customers, observing any change in their health and well-being and ensuring this is managed and recorded in an appropriate and timely way.
- To be responsible for nursing support, ensuring that customers nursing needs are recorded to a high professional standard and to record all information in accordance with procedures and NMC guidelines.
- To be responsible for the ordering, safe storage and administration of medicines.
- To support customers with their physical care, personal hygiene needs and daily life tasks and skills as required by their person-centred plan (PCP), ensuring their independence is preserved and developed as far as possible and affording appropriate levels of privacy and dignity.
- To participate in the training and development of support staff in undertaking care tasks and oversee support staff undertaking delegated nursing tasks.
- To assist in the assessment and monitoring of wider staffing requirements, reporting problems to the relevant manager.
Person specification Essential requirements
- To be a registered nurse, holding current registration with NMC.
- To be able to demonstrate relevant post qualification learning would be advantageous.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of nursing theory and best practice at the level of a qualified nurse (level 5), being able to demonstrate effective nursing practice in all basic registered nurse procedures.
- Understanding of the NMC code of conduct and relevant practice standards and guidance.
- Any other level of professional development and registration as indicated by purchaser, regulator.