£29000 - £34000 per annum + Mileage, Car Allowance, 33 Days AL
10 months ago
Main Purpose of Job
To deliver training, assessment, and support to ensure the achievement and experience for
students is exceptional.
Teaching and Learning
- To mentor coach and assess apprentices to ensure timely achievement
- Monitor and ensure compliance to the 'off the job training' requirement
- To monitor and record student progression throughout the programme
- Develop and implement teaching and learning strategies which ensure students are
- successful at EPA
- To be able to assess and support Mechanical Engineering at L2 / L3 / L4 in practical
- based elements of the learning environment.
- Conduct performance and occupational behavioural reviews
- To promote student centred learning
- To embed stretch and challenge so all students reach their full potential.
- To identify and implement strategies to ensure that the student's learning experience is
- of the highest standard.
- Ensure the H&S of the employers' environment is suitable for learners
- To ensure every student is safeguarded
- Have a minimum level 3 qualification in a relevant Mechanical engineering
- maintenance/manufacturing discipline.
- Good level of English and Maths minimum grade C/4
- have an Assessor award A1, or equivalent, or a willingness to complete the award
- within one year of commencing employment.
- Preferably have an I.V qualification or willing to work towards
- Have Experience of mentoring or coaching.
- Have Evidence of formal structured training
- Be technically knowledgeable and experienced in Mechanical Engineering
- maintenance and assessing within a manufacturing environment.
- Current experience or assessor activity in mechanical engineering
- maintenance/manufacturing discipline
- Vocational experience of working in industry
- A willingness to undertake professional development to address specific vocational
- skill requirements
- A driving licence free from major endorsements and the ability to travel within
- Experience / understanding working with the apprenticeship standards
Knowledge / Experience
- Be technically knowledgeable and a strong vocational background in Mechanical
- Engineering with a minimum of 3 years industry sector experience
- experienced in Mechanical Engineering maintenance
- Assessed within Industry / a Food & Drink manufacturing environment.
- Have Experience of working with Awarding Bodies and knowledge of their systems
- and paperwork
- Have Experience of reviewing and monitoring student progress on programme and
- whilst within company
- Experience of working with outside agencies and organisations
- Experience of electronic portfolios (such as One File)
- ICT skills in Excel/Word/Outlook
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of effective team working and effective relationships between staff and
- Ability to develop supportive working relationships key stakeholders
- Current knowledge of awarding body practices, through up-to-date training is
- Knowledge of safeguarding issues
- Knowledge of equality and diversity issues
- Any other duties as required
- To take an active role in the induction and support of students.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults.
- To meet the individual needs of all students to ensure achievement
- To support high levels of attendance, retention and achievement.
This role will be subject to enhanced DBS check
- Ability to manage and resolve a range of situations in the best interests of the students
- Ability to contribute to the whole student pathway experience
- Effective communicator
- Flexible approach
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Reports to Head of Technical Services
- Competitive Salary
- Car allowance
- 35 hrs per week
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (rising to 28 days after 5 Years)