Greater Manchester, England
£30000 - £34000 per annum
4 months ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Deliver high quality training and assessment, in line with the Quality of Education Handbook, for Apprentices and (where required) commercial learners or learners funded through other projects/contracts.
- Embed knowledge, skills and behaviours into all delivery, together with functional skills, personal development, attitudes and employability skills, ensuring timely achievement.
- Carry out planned work-place inspections, risk assessments and maintenance procedures in engineering workshops and commission new equipment where necessary, maintain resources, equipment and tools
- Interview apprenticeship candidates to meet recruitment targets if required
- Support Manager to achieve departmental targets and Business Plan
- Contribute to an annual Quality Improvement Plan and Self-Assessment Report for the training centre
- Attend career and promotional events
- To provide information to Subject Specialist Tutors regarding individual learner progress to enable the effective completion of progress reviews
- To fully comply with schematic planning, lesson planning and evaluation as per procedures.
- Maintain your personal CPD (Continuous Professional Development)
- To undertake internal quality assurance if applicable
- Active contribution to business growth
- Accurately input data onto the IT systems, including ERP, OneFile and CognAssist, in line with company policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as designated by your Manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- To ensure all individual targeted retention, progression and success rate outcomes are met in line with the company Business Plan
- Engage with all colleagues associated in support of the learner journey and provide records for learner progress, where required.
- Ensure that all OneFile target dates for learner work submission are accurate at all times.
- Ensure that feedback to all learners is robust.
- Close out all marking tasks within 3 weeks.
- Record learner punctuality and attendance promptly onto the ERP each morning and afternoon to ensure smooth reporting procedure to employer.
- Attend a minimum of 3 day/evening careers events (excluding awards, parents and open evenings)
- To develop and deliver learning programmes and inductions
- Review and update schemes of work and learning plans on an ongoing basis.
- Update assessment material in line with awarding organisation requirements
- Ensure that Quality Procedures are adhered to, and all documentation is controlled and completed correctly according to contract requirements
- Provide Health and Safety training and induction to all learners prior to work on section
- Ensure that staff and learners maintain Health and Safety and PPE
- Ensure weekly clean down of all work equipment and areas
- All learners to be challenged regarding behaviour and all lessons to start on time
- Work collaboratively with Student Support to ensure timely achievement of learners
- Promote all my client's Learning's policies, including Equality, Diversity & Inclusion; Safeguarding /Prevent & British Values.
- Promote my client's Learning's products and services
- All OneFile unit summaries to be signed off once the learner is at 100%.
- Maintain an up-to-date CPD record.
- Maintain an up-to-date OneFile profile, with CV and professional certificates
- Ensure that all one-to-one actions are closed out by target dates
- Ensure all learners log their 20% Off-the-Job training and all contractual documentation to meet ESFA requirements
- Use information from CognAssist to support and engage your learners. This information must be used to inform strategies and learning plans. Notes from the benefits of strategies must be recorded on a monthly basis.
- Attend standardisation and departmental meetings as required
Quality of Education
- Contribute to the Ofsted self-assessment regime and maintain continual quality improvements with your own area via QIP and SAR Contribution.
- Ensure quality procedures and the Quality of Education Handbook are followed within your occupational area and notify changes and improvements to the Management Team.
3 Complete a minimum of 30 hours CPD each contract year and record on Sisra.
The job description aims to set out the main tasks and duties of the post, however this is not an exhaustive list, as you may be required to carry out additional work from time to time.