Up to £37000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Job Title: Course Manager/Lecturer Transition to T Level Management and Administration - Full Time
Responsible to: Deputy Principal and the Head of Faculty
Job Purpose: To teach and lead on the Management and Administration Transition to T Level (Level 2.5) and to teach on Business Levels 1 to 3.
To act as personal tutor
Key Indicator of Tasks and Responsibilities
- To ensure outstanding teaching, learning and assessment.
- To achieve outstanding results and student progression.
- To manage and co-ordinate the work of the course team, liaising with various internal and external bodies and carrying out associated duties.
- To lead on the development of the Transition to T Level provision.
- To be responsible for teaching, appropriate organisation, preparation, marking, assessment and administration involved in teaching, including attendance on associated residential activities as appropriate.
- To act as personal tutor, be responsible for preparation, delivery and administration of appropriate group and one-to-one tutorials, providing general advice on a range of issues including monitoring of student progress, liaison with parents, completion of ILP's (Individual Learning Plan), attendance and welfare and referring to other services if required.
- To keep registers and records and provide other documentation as requested.
- To participate in staff development and training as well as the Staff Review and Development scheme.
- To assist with the marketing, development and evaluation of College courses and course materials as required.
- To take part in invigilation, interviewing and student recruitment events as required. To carry out tutorial duties including post exam tutorials and enrolment events following A level and GCSE results days.
- All teaching staff are expected to use College systems effectively to ensure that students can access online resources, recognising that these are valuable learning tools for future employment.
- Maintaining and updating student records and undertaking training via College systems is a key part of the job and all teaching staff should expect to use these systems on a daily basis.
- To attend appropriate Directorate and College meetings as requested and assist with the development of new curriculum initiatives and teaching methods in accordance with curriculum planning.
- To assist the Head of Faculty and T Level Development Lead in developing a T level curriculum offer in the faculty.
- To develop the Transition to T level programme, including SOW, resources and facilities.
- To co-ordinate and lead on all Awarding Organisation processes, completing the necessary documentation.
- To assist the Client and Business Development Manager and T Level Lead to develop relationships with employers to support the development of the T level suite of programmes, including industrial placements.
- To assist the schools' liaison team to promote the Transition to and T level qualifications to all schools and other external agencies.
- To comply with the College's policies and procedures including Health and Safety Legislation, Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults, Prevent and Equality and Diversity.
- To comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR"). It is the responsibility of individual staff members to protect data and to take all reasonable steps to ensure data are kept securely.
- To operate within the College's inclusive learning ethos and to work constructively with any learning support provision.
- To perform other duties commensurate with the post as required by the line manager