£38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + 33 Days Holiday, Private Eye Tests
over 1 year ago
Vacancy: Macmillan Lead Breast Care Nurse
Hours: 37.5 hours
Salary: £38,000 starting, up to £45,000 dependent on experience
My client is recruiting! They have an extremely rare opportunity for a highly motivated Registered Breast Care Nurse to join us as a Macmillan Lead Breast Care Nurse.
As the Macmillan Lead Breast Care Nurse, you will work as part of the multidisciplinary team ensuring that patients with breast malignancies receive outstanding quality care and support from the time of diagnosis and throughout the cancer pathway.
Working in partnership with our specialist cancer providers you will manage these patients across the pathways of care.
You will be required to have significant experience in this field of breast cancer nursing. We require someone who can work both autonomously and as part of a team, with excellent communication skills being essential.
The Macmillan Lead breast care nurse will:
- Demonstrate outstanding clinical practice at all times
- Act as the go-to person for Surgeons, Radiologists and patient's with respect to patient pathways for patients under our care
- Plan, implement and deliver a holistic patient centred care to a group of patients
- Provide specialist knowledge, expertise and care to Breast cancer patients both seen in the outpatient and inpatient environments
- Provide pre and post-operative counselling, fitting of prosthesis both temporary and permanent when required
- Work to develop a strong, effective team by developing the vision and strategy of "health care at its best"
- Be a registered nurse with significant experience in breast care/oncological malignancies
- 5 years post registration experience, 3 of which will have been related to breast care
- Have proven post registration professional development in the breast care specialist field (for example, breast care module, counselling course etc)
- Teaching and assessing qualification
- Proven experience leading a team
Experience in the private healthcare sector is desirable but not essential.
Employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- 33 Days annual leave plus extra time off for your birthday
- Life Assurance
- Annual Flu Vaccination
- Free Eye Test