Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Up to £38000.00 per annum
8 months ago
Role: Learning Disabilities Nurse
Permanent: Full time
Salary £35,000 - £38,000 - with potential to increase for the right candidate
We are recruiting for a complex care supported living service for individuals with autistic spectrum condition, severe learning disability and behaviours of concern. Desired knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Supporting service users to engage with activities of daily living (e.g. cooking and cleaning), home activity planning, and community access (e.g. shopping, swimming, local disco, pubs, etc)
- Working within the positive behaviour support framework and in accordance with agreed plans to proactively prevent behaviour incidents, including use of de-escalation techniques to avoid behavioural crisis incidents.
- Use of autism-friendly approaches, including effective verbal communication, visual aids (e.g. symbols, schedules, traffic lights, social stories, etc), and integrating a sensory diet within a person's daily life
- Working with the families of our service users, communicating regularly, and maintaining positive working relationships.
About the Role
- The role is hands on with direct care delivery and supervisory responsibilities. You will provide the clinical oversite and clinical management alongside our non-Clinical Registered Manager who manages the business.
- You will assess, plan and to ensure the safe delivery of care to enable the service users to live their lives as independently as possible whilst receiving support.
- You will be report to and be supported by the Director of Care.
- Hands on work is required as part of this role, all of our senior team lead from the front and our families gain confidence from the hands-on leadership they observe from our senior team.
The successful candidate/s will hold:
- A RNC qualification
- Must have 2 years clinical experience working with people with learning disabilties
- Full understanding of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and Standards of Care
- Valid Driving License and access to vehicle.
- Sodexo employee benefits and Blue Light Card entitlement
- Stakeholder pension
- Refer a friend scheme - earn money to refer your friends to work with us!
- Free DBS checks
- Employee of the Month awards
- We can offer you an immediate start dependant on compliance checks!