East London, London
£70000 - £75000.00 per annum
4 months ago
The primary role of the Head of Services is to be directly accountable for the running of this provision for high risk, complex and vulnerable young people and providing strategic leadership. The school has capacity to look after circa 60 children and have 3 types of learners - Academic, Vocational and Enrichment between the ages of 7 - 19.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Set high expectations and challenging targets for the whole school community and ensure clear direction and support is in place to achieve the intended outcome.
- Ensure high standards of behaviour and attendance built on Behaviour and Attendance Policies ensuring they are modelled by staff and understood by pupils, parents and carers.
- Build high expectations by promoting a culture of self-reflection and personal development for pupils to continuously develop life, leadership skills, learning and wellbeing.
- Be responsible for the safety of all pupils as the Designated Safeguarding Lead including de-escalation techniques (MAPA).
- Oversee the development of strategic objectives of the education, inclusion and clinical provisions and ensure they are met.
- Present coherent and accurate accounts of the school's performance in a format appropriate to a range of audiences.
- Lead on the ISS regulations ensuring they are regularly reviewed to ensure compliance,
Vision and Strategy
- Lead the effective management of the clinical risk management processes and the assessment, engagement and pathway plans for all pupils.
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with a minimum of five years at leadership level or
- Recognised Therapy Degree qualification and Health Professions Council license to practice, with a minimum of five years post qualification experience or
- Recognised Social Work Degree level qualification with current UK registration, and a minimum of five years post qualification experience.
- Substantial experience at senior management level of providing strong leadership through successful delivery against agreed strategic plans and targets.
- Proven experience of managing and motivating large multidisciplinary teams.
- Proven use of improvement strategies and how to tackle underperformance in different contexts and at all levels.
- Substantial experience of implementing strategies on how pupils learn or the ability to acquire knowledge if not from an education background.
- Principles and practice of quality assurance systems, including school self-evaluation and performance management.
- Statutory framework for education and the legal framework that underpins management of a special school, including a working understanding the SEN Code of Practice April 2015, the Education Inspection Framework, ISS regulations and Keeping Children Safe in Education.
Please note this is initially a 6 month fixed term contract with the potential to go permanent.