North West England, England
£29000 - £30000 per annum
9 months ago
Salary: £29,000 - £30,000 per annum
Working hours: Full-Time - 37.5 Hours per week.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: You will be based at our site with travel to employer sites with scope for some remote working thereafter.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Instructor to join an established team of professionals within the Engineering department. We are looking for a committed, passionate, and dedicated individual to join the team to support the growth of the programme and continue the successes.
The main purpose of the role is to deliver practical and theoretical learning sessions that cover Vocational and Work-related skills relative to the sector and to ensure learners are effectively supported throughout the learning process.
The key duties of the role will include:
* To design, develop and deliver creative, inclusive learning programmes, schemes of work, lesson plans and materials to deliver high quality structured learning sessions to meet learner and customer needs and programme specifications.
* To contribute to the internal verification, assessment and standardisation of work process and to the development and delivery, in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
* To maintain appropriate learner tracking records that meet company, awarding body and customer requirements. To provide information relating to learner progress, achievements and support needs.
* To effectively manage the delivery environment and the learning process to ensure the safety and well-being of all learners. To follow guidance in effectively contributing to the management of learner behaviour.
* To ensure that all resources are serviceable and safe for use and to maintain the stock levels of relevant consumable items in agreement with the appropriate Manager.
* To contribute to the promotion of our particularly with employers, learners, schools and parents by assisting with School visits, Parents Information Evenings, Open Days and Prize Nights relative to the Engineering department.
* To demonstrate knowledge and compliance with regards to GDPR and all associated Data Protection legislation. This includes having due regard for any personal data that
* you may come into contact within your role which includes learners/ customers/ staff, especially when using portable or personal devices (laptops and mobile phones) or when working remotely, in order to keep data secure and confidential
* To keep up to date with all GDPR and data protection policies and legislation and understand and report any data security breaches promptly to the appropriate persons
* To undertake any other duties comparable with the role as requested by a member of the leadership team.
* Accredited qualification minimum Level 2 in Literacy, Numeracy & ICT.
* Demonstrates highly effective planning and organisation of own workload.
* Demonstrates an inspired approach to coaching and mentoring to ensure learner success in line with Company targets.
* Demonstrates strong engagement skills and commercial capability to develop employer relationship and to drive business opportunity.
* Demonstrates patient and empathetic behaviours in the effective and professional engagement with learners throughout the learning process which encourage high levels of learner performance.
* Pro-active self-starter
* Willingness to learn and committed to own development
* Ability to work as part of a team and develop and maintain positive working relationships
* Full UK driving licence
* Possession of a professional qualification (e.g. an assessor/internal verifiers' award and vocational qualification)
* Prior Educational experience
Why work with us?
We genuinely care about our employees and offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
* 27 days holiday (increasing to 32 days in accordance with service) plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for part-time staff)
* Opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days holiday per year
* Contributory pension scheme (after a qualifying period)
* Life insurance based on 4 x annual salary
* Health Cash Plan (after qualifying period)
* Annual CPD days and opportunities for career development and progression
* Family friendly policies
* Modern facilities
* Remote working
* Free parking (on and off-site)
* Access to Employee Assistance Programme