£29000 - £34000 per annum + Mileage, Car Allowance, 33 Days AL
9 months ago
Main Purpose of Job
To deliver training, assessment, and support to ensure the achievement and experience for
students is exceptional.
Teaching and Learning
- Monitor and ensure compliance to the 'off the job training' requirement
- To mentor coach and assess apprentices to ensure timely achievement
- To monitor and record student progression throughout the programme
- Develop and implement teaching and learning strategies which ensure students are
- successful at EPA
- To be able to assess and support Electrical Engineering at L2 / L3 in practical based
- elements of the learning environment (L4 preferable).
- Conduct performance and occupational behavioural reviews
- To promote student centred learning
- To embed stretch and challenge so all students reach their full potential.
- To identify and implement strategies to ensure that the student's learning experience is
- of the highest standard.
- Ensure the H&S of the employers' environment is suitable for learners
- To ensure every student is safeguarded
- Have a minimum level 3 qualification in a relevant Electrical engineering
- maintenance/manufacturing discipline.
- Good level of English and Maths minimum grade C/4
- have an Assessor award A1, or equivalent, or a willingness to complete the award
- within one year of commencing employment.
- Preferably have an I.V qualification or willing to work towards
- Have Experience of mentoring or coaching.
- Have Evidence of formal structured training
- Be technically knowledgeable and experienced in Electrical Engineering
- maintenance and assessing within a manufacturing/ Food & Drink environment
- Current experience or assessor activity in Electrical engineering
- maintenance/manufacturing discipline
- Vocational experience of working in industry preferably Food & Drink
- A willingness to undertake professional development to address specific vocational
- skill requirements
- A driving licence free from major endorsements and the ability to travel within
- Experience / understanding working with the apprenticeship standards and End Point
- Assessment (EPA) process
Knowledge / Experience
- Be technically knowledgeable and a strong vocational background in Electrical
- Engineering with a minimum of 3 years industry sector experience
- experienced in Electrical Engineering maintenance
- Assessed within Industry / a Food & Drink manufacturing environment.
- Have Experience of working with Awarding Bodies and knowledge of their systems
- and paperwork
- Have Experience of reviewing and monitoring student progress on programme and
- whilst within company
- Experience of working with outside agencies and organisations
- Experience of electronic portfolios (such as One File)
- ICT skills in Excel/Word/Outlook
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of effective team working and effective relationships between staff and
- Ability to develop supportive working relationships key stakeholders
- Current knowledge of awarding body practices, through up-to-date training is
- Knowledge of safeguarding issues
- Knowledge of equality and diversity issues
- To take an active role in the induction and support of students.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults.
- To meet the individual needs of all students to ensure achievement
- To support high levels of attendance, retention, and achievement.
This role will be subject to enhanced DBS check
Travel will be required
- Ability to manage and resolve a range of situations in the best interests of the students
- Ability to contribute to the whole student pathway experience
- Effective communicator
- Flexible approach
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Reports to Delivery Manager
- Competitive Salary
- Car allowance
- 35 hrs per week
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (rising to 28 days after 5 Years)