East Sussex, England
Up to £50000 per annum + 33 Days Annual Leave, Birthday Off
8 months ago
Clinical Services Senior Nurse - Job Description
Clinical Services Senior Nurse
Clinical / Managerial
The Clinical Services Senior Nurse is accountable for the day-to-day operational delivery and quality performance of the clinical service.
The Clinical Services Senior Nurse will liaise with clinical, non-clinical staff and other partner stakeholders in order to deliver a service aligned to an outstanding outcome within the CQC regulatory agenda and meet other all other regulatory requirements.
The Clinical Services Senior Nurse will act as a clinical and operational expert for clinical service, overseeing that care is delivered in line with best practice, that staff are supported, to develop and that all targets and deadlines are met in line with regulatory requirements and performance measures across the three key domains relating to People, Quality and Finance.
The Clinical Service Senior Nurse, will deputise in the absence of the Hospital Director. The Clinical Services Senior Nurse will work hand in hand with other key SMT colleagues including specifically Support Services Senior Nurse and Compliance & Quality Lead to ensure that the hospital is adequately provisioned for excellent care and treatment for our young people. This senior team will ensure that communication is optimum and that as a unified circle, role model partnership working and collaborative approaches to all aspects of individual roles and responsibilities.
The Clinical Services Senior Nurse, will have oversight of all staff planning, ensuring appropriate staffing levels are deployed/maintained, to meet the changing numbers and acuity of the patients, and being flexible with the resource to ensure optimum skill-mix.
The Clinical Services Senior Nurse will oversee compliance with the e-rostering system ensuring needs are accurate at all times and planned 12 weeks in advance The Clinical Services Senior Nurse must be a visible clinical presence both in and out of hours and contribute to the on-call rota.
The CSM will adopt our core values and embed these in all areas of their responsibility and decision making within their role.
- To lead the Ward Manager and Social Worker to deliver against all regulatory activity and within Best Practice standards.
- To ensure that all Safeguarding standards are adhered to
- To ensure that all clinical quality reporting and performance measures are sustained and delivered across the hospital including those surrounding NHSE contract monitoring, regulatory and internal frameworks.
- To support the service lead in ensuring that all HR policies are adhered to by staff and take action to remedy concerns in a timely manner
- To ensure that the managers maintain all dashboards, related to their area of responsibility as up to date, accurate and complete for reporting purposes
- To ensure Ward Manager attain that all staff within their sphere of accountability are receiving supervision in line with contractual obligations and Policy
- To undertake audits, in line with the requirements of contractual obligations and our Clinical audit group and ensure action plans are developed and monitored, to achieve improvement
- To oversee the day-to-day operational functioning of the wards, to ensure clinical standards are being met and maintained and take action to address any short-comings
- To lead a culture of enquiry and learning from any adverse events, to ensure that staff are practising safely as new information is available
- Oversee that all patients have relevant in date plans of care, which are person centred and promote recovery
- Ensure that records are contemporaneous, accurate and in line with GPDR requirements and that any risks related to patient care, are clearly documented
- Oversee that patient have clear plans of care for the physical and psychological care and that these are maintained accurately
- To contribute to the service by undertaking investigations into incidents, dealing with complaints and maintaining databases, in date, as required
- To oversee e-rostering system, ensuring information is accurate at all times and that staffing ladders are maintained to meet the needs of safe staffing
- To maintain links with universities and support the service to maintain student placements
- To fully oversee recruitment and retention across the hospital for clinical areas.
Managerial & Leadership
- To effectively manage own time to meet the required standard of the job role
- To oversee compliance with policies and procedures and ensure that standards across all wards deliver a positive performance, addressing concerns in a timely manner
- To manage resource in line with budget and to work flexibly within the service, to meet the needs of the patient group and optimise resource, to meet patient need/acuity and safety. The CSM will ensure oversight of safe staffing, DPR processes and that clinical practice is review and managed across the hospital.
- To ensure that there is a team ethos across the clinical services department and ensure that interpersonal working is one of positivity and partnership. The role will include bringing teams together to work more cohesively and managing complex issues around people that requires a high degree of maturity and sensitivity.
- To ensure that all HR matters -including sickness, performance, recruitment and training are dealt with in 'real-time' and that there is a culture of good practice being delivered by all key managers.
- To ensure that the role is visible and staff / young people feel supported at times of operational challenge.
- To ensure that the clinical framework and incident cycles are fully embedded across all MDT's and wards.
- To review and monitor the performance dashboard and ultimately taking accountability for the delivery of a positive return.
- To offer support and develop the ward teams, to engage positively with patient's, families and visitors, in line with our values
- To be responsive, proactive and positive within the role, offering a solution focussed approach to issues and a can-do manner
- To report monthly against Clinical KPI's
- To lead the CG in partnership with the Hospital Director. This includes ensuring that all papers, invites and administrative planning is in place.
- To provide the Monthly Clinical Report, for the dashboard
- To deputise in the absence of the Hospital Director and therefore, to have an in-depth knowledge of the requirements of CQC
- To lead improvement projects and embed change across the clinical areas within the hospital.
- To participate in the SMT on-call structure for the hospital. The CSM will adopt, embrace and executive the key objectives and agreed standards for conduct as part of the SMT.
Health & Safety
To be aware of the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, having particular regard for the following practices:
- a) Fire prevention
- b) Prevention of back injuries
- c) COSH
- d) Food Handling
To be aware of and enforce the Data Protection Act 1984; any employee found to have permitted unauthorised disclosure might lead to the Company and individual being prosecuted.
To undertake such other duties as may be mutually determined from time to time
This job description is an outline, which reflects the present requirements of the post and is not intended to be an inflexible or finite list of duties and responsibilities. As these duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be amended from time to time in consultation with the post holder.
We follow safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All staff will also be subjected to an enhanced DBS disclosure when working with Children and vulnerable adults