Getting recruitment right is one of the biggest challenges for any employer, avoiding discrimination whilst embracing inclusion. In order to reach the most talented people, an organisation must have access to a wide talent pool, which means ensuring no one is overlooked for unjust reasons.
Panoramic Care ensure that throughout the hiring process we adhere to our own and our clients’ diversity and inclusion targets and so work with our clients to create a resourcing strategy where everyone is welcomed, included and connected.
At Panoramic Care we aim to combat unconscious bias with data, training and process. To underpin process improvement, there is often a need to build the capabilities of stakeholders who interpret policies and apply or support processes. This involves enhancing stakeholders’ knowledge and influencing their attitudes.
In recognition of our commitment to our employees, candidates and clients, Panoramic Care has joined the Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion (ENEI). The ENEI is a not for profit, and the leading employer network promoting equality and inclusion in the workplace. The ENEI’s role is to influence government, assist business and trade unions, and campaign for real practical change.
Membership allows us to promote best practice in equality and inclusion in the workplace through employer guides, policy briefings, case studies and further tools to support the needs of our candidate and client partners. It also offers an opportunity for our people to grow knowledge outside their normal job role by taking part in webinars and networking events.
ENEI’s vision is for organisations and people to prosper by valuing difference in the workplace. It aims to work in partnership with all its members to set the recognised standard for best practice to…
- Consulting on inclusive recruitment by describing responsibilities in terms of reasonable adjustments.
- Providing an inclusive company culture for onboarding new staff members both in-house and for our clients.
- Designing an inclusive job and person specification.
- Understanding how an inclusive workforce benefits an organisation.
Panoramic Care have qualified for Disability Confident employer scheme. The scheme allows us to be publicly recognised as employers who are committed to equality in the workplace. And as such, we have committed to the following:
- Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicate and promote vacancies
- Offer interviews to disabled people
- Anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required
- Support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition to stay in work
Disability Confident organisations, like ourselves, promote inclusive recruitment, helping to positively change attitudes, behaviours and cultures in the workplace.
Most recently, Panoramic Care have joined Programme One. Programme One address workplace inequality for Black talent within the Recruitment Industry.
They seek to deliver a lasting programme of change that addresses the significant underrepresentation of Black talent within this industry. Their strategic ambition is to remove barriers of 500 or more Black recruiters every year.
The programme is aiding us with the following:
- Building our own Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
- Creating an inclusive culture and working environment
- Understanding the Black representation in your local community
- Developing an understanding of how to access wider talent pools
- Access to a structured mentoring programme
And much more.
By being a member of Programme One, Panoramic Care are joining those organisations that challenges bias, improves equality of opportunity, and enhances equity.